Avaya Communication Manager
Communication Manager software is the open, highly-reliable and extensible IP Telephony software foundation on which Avaya delivers Intelligent Communications to enterprises large and small. Communication Manager effectively scales from less than 100 users to as many as 36,000 users on a single system and to more than one million users on a single network.
What’s New With This Release
Avaya is continuing to enhance Communication Manager, its flagship IP Telephony software platform. In particular, Avaya is leveraging the SIP protocol to improve the connectivity and openness of Communication Manager, which translates into reduced costs for trunking and connecting systems, faster deployment of new capabilities and increased options for linking communications and business systems to increase competitive advantage.
With the introduction of Communication Manager 5.0 and SIP Enablement Services 5.0, Avaya offers the following:
- A SIP-based IP Telephony software platform for the small to mid-market
- Expanded SIP trunking options to support new, low cost carrier servers, reduce hardware requirements and enrich applications for Contact Center environments
- Improved support of SIP-based telephones to include enhanced mobility features and additional phones
- Foundational support for an increased suite of communications applications to enhance workforce productivity and customer service
Coincident with the introduction of Communication Manager 5.0 are several enhancements to the Media Gateway and Server product lines.
- A new Media Gateway to serve mid to large branch offices and small to mid campuses deploying Communication Manager.
- An integrated routing, security and IP telephony phone platform for small branch offices
- A new high-capacity, highly-redundant server platform for Communication Manager
Finally, with Communication Manager 5.0, customers have the opportunity to take advantage of Software Support Plus Upgrades (SS+U) and Hardware Maintenance services for Communication Manager.
• A strong communications platform for solving business problems today, while preparing for new technologies.
• A multi layered approach towards high availability, survivability and resiliency provides automatic recovery from system, hardware and network failures.
• Strong interoperability with 3rd party software and hardware because of open standards support.
• Secure IP Telephony infrastructure plus simple security management to conform to the customer’s security requirements.
• Total Cost of Ownership reduction due to ability to flatten, consolidate and extend communications networks using dial plan support of up to 13 digit extensions and other key capacity improvements.
• Cost-Effective SIP Telephony for Small and Mid-Market Customers
• SIP Contact Center Support
• Enhanced SIP Mobility Features
• Support of G450 Media Gateway
Digitcom Canada sells business phone systems from Avaya and Nortel. We sell the Avaya IP Office, Communication Manager, S8300, S8500, UC500, and Nortel Norstar, and BCM 50, BCM 200, and BCM 400 from our head office in Toronto, Ontario Canada. Please fell free to contact one of our sales reps. at our Toronto, Canada office at 416-783-7890. We look forward to hearing from you.