Our Best Tips for Working Remotely
Posted On: - February 20th, 2019
Interested in MORE EVENTS? Who isn't? Click here to check out all of Digitcom's upcoming events.
Remote work is becoming more popular than ever. For example, I was working remotely when I wrote this article. I was in pyjamas.
Presumably you, reading this, are not. Ha!
But, it's not all fun in pyjamas - it's also fun drinking coffee, and no commute, too. Okay, my bar for "fun" may be pretty warped.
You may not have the opportunity yet, but it's coming. That's why Digitcom gave a webinar last week on the best way(s) to work remotely. The host? He hosted (worked) remotely! Double ha!
Relevant Tips from Our Remote Work Webinar
Below is a summary of tips from the hour long remote work webinar, 2/13/2019.
Want to learn if you should work remotely? First, consider these five points:
- 1. Job can be done without physical presence (okay, that one is obvious).
- 2. Job relies on individual work patterns as opposed to ever-changing, ongoing collaboration.
- 3. High level of autonomy in job, and you are already a trusted member of the team.
- 4. Be able to separate professional from personal time.
Do you possess the following qualities?
- 1. Task-driven
- 2. High degree of natural motivation
- 3. Independent thinker
- 4. Willingness to ask for help
- 5. Excellent communicator
What about in broad terms? Bare minimum, what does it take to successfully work remotely?
- - Coffee
- - A Spotify account
- - A home you like
(Just kidding. Not really).
- - The right space
- - The right habits
- - The right tools
Interested in MORE EVENTS? Who isn't? Click here to check out all of Digitcom's upcoming events.----
Experience Clever Telecom.
Digitcom has 26 years experience working with Canada’s business community, helping to solve all their telephony challenges. If you are interested in running the most reliable phone system on the market, then contact us at 1-866-667-8357 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.