Business Phone Systems
Norstar MICS and Norstar CICS | Nortel
YES, DIGITCOM STILL SUPPORTS THE NORTEL AVAYA NORSTAR!
So call or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re having a problem.
The most commonly asked question from customers that still have the Norstar is whether or not we still support it. And YES, we do.
We have plenty of stock, and although Avaya, the company that now owns the Nortel telecom product portfolio (click here to read more about that) has discontinued the product (click here to read more about that) we have LOTS of refurb hardware, modules, hard drives, phones … to continue support for many more years. Yes, it has proven somewhat challenging in some circumstances, but we haven’t left any customers without a workable end solution.
The Nortel Norstar business telephone system offers all of the features small and medium businesses in Toronto, Ontario (Canada) need in an expandable package. The Norstar system is one of the most popular phone systems in the world and for good reasons: durability, reliability and ease of use.
Nortel has 2 Norstar systems: the Norstar MICS and Norstar CICS systems were introduced in 1995. The Norstar Modular ICS (MICS) is capable of expanding to up to approx. 200 extensions (on the newest Release 7 software), and the Norstar CICS (Compact) Norstar ICS (sometimes called the Norstar CICS) is capable of expanding to up to 24 extensions maximum. The Norstar MICS supports digital PRI lines, the Norstar CICS supports analog (Caller ID) style lines only. Both the Norstar MICS and Norstar CICS business phone systems work with the entire line of Nortel Norstar phones – this includes the Norstar M7100, Norstar M7208, Norstar M7310, and Norstar M7324, and of course the newer Norstar T series phone sets – this includes the Norstar T7100, Norstar T7208, Norstar T7316, and the Norstar T7316e.
- Speaker-phone on all telephones (one way only on the T7100)
- LCD Displays on all telephones with Date and Time
- Easy to read feature keys and line appearances
- Simple headset operation
- Flawless Call Pilot 100/150 Voice Mail Systems with web based administration!
- Call Centre Operation / ACD
- Caller ID capable (on both the CICS and the MICS)
- Automatic Set Relocation (on the CICS and MICS)
- A variety of CTI applications and peripherals (on both the CICS and MICS)
- PCMCIA Software upgradeable (on both the CICS and MICS)
- Handle your voice and fax messaging (MICS)
- Voice Over IP peripherals available (through the use of the VoIP Gateway for CICS, MICS, and 8X24)
Already a Norstar user? Call Digitcom Canada for your moves and changes, repairs and maintenance. We have been working with the Norstar 8X24, CICS, and MICS since the beginning and can help make the Norstar work for your business.