Avaya One X Portal Requirements
Avaya IP Office System Requirements
Avaya IP Office System
If the system is running pre-IP Office Release 8.1 software, it must be upgraded. For more information on the upgrade process, see one-X Portal for IP Office software upgrade.
Avaya IP Office Small Community Network Support
- Operation with multiple IP Office’s is only supported within a single IP Office Small Community Network (SCN).
- Each IP Office must be running IP Office Release 8.1 or higher software.
- Each user and group name must be unique.
- Each user and group extension number must be unique. The IP Office System Status Application (SSA) should be used to check for name and extension conflicts before installation of one-X Portal for IP Office.
Avaya IP Office Release 6+ Licensing
- This release of IP Office uses user profiles licenses. Users licensed and configured with the Office User, Teleworker User or Power User profiles can be configured for as one-X Portal for IP Office users. Those licensed and configured for with Teleworker User or Power User profiles can also be enabled for one-X Portal for IP Office telecommuter mode.
- For systems being upgraded from IP Office Release 5, existing one-X Portal for IP Office licenses remain valid and can be used to enable one-X Portal for IP Office for users set to the Basic User profile.
Server PC Requirements
Avaya one-X Portal for IP Office is currently supported with all components installed on a single server. During installation you have to be logged in using an account with full administrator rights.
The following are the server requirements for one-X Portal for IP Office deployments with up to 200 Avaya IP Office users:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Processor: Intel Pentium D945 core or AMD Athlon 64 4000+.
- RAM Memory: 4 GB
- Available Hard Disk Space: 20 GB.
Note: For one-X Portal for IP Office deployments with more than 200 IP Office users, see Configuring one-X Server for 200+ IP Office Users.
During the Avaya one-X Portal for IP Office installation on Window Server 2003, if you receive Error 1718. File FileName was rejected by digital signature policy you have to install a hotfix. The hotfix can be downloaded from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925336.
The default ports are 8080 and 8666. These can be changed if required during installation of the server software. See Checking Available Ports.
Exceptions should be added to the server firewall for incoming access on the TCP ports above. If the firewall is also used to control outgoing access, an exception for access to TCP port 50814 on the IP Office IP address should also be added.
Voicemail Server Requirements
The playback of a user’s messages through their phone is supported using embedded voicemail or Voicemail Pro.
Voicemail playback through the Avaya one-X Portal for Avaya IP Office user’s browser and personalized greeting recording and control requires a Voicemail Pro voicemail server installed as follows:
- Microsoft IIS should be installed and running before installation of the Voicemail Pro voicemail server software. Set the following IIS options:
- Enable Direct Metabase Edit.
- IIS6 Configuration Compatibility.
- SSL should be disabled for the default website.
- The Voicemail Pro voicemail server installation should include the Web Voicemail Pro (UMS) component.
- The voicemail server must be in the same subnet as the one-X Portal for IP Office server.
- Check that the IIS on the voicemail server can be browsed by server name from the one-X Portal for IP Office server PC. Enter http://<voicemail_server_name>/localstart.asp into a browser. If the IIS server does not respond, resolve the DNS routing between the servers before proceeding with the one-X Portal for IP Office installation.
After the Voicemail Pro is installed, you will see Voicemail Pro related virtual directories under IIS > sites.
The following 3 directories should be available:
To manually create the aforementioned virtual directories and specify the path:
- NamesGreetings: VMPro Installation Dir/VM/Names.
- PersonalGreetings: VMPro Installation Dir/VM/Greetings.
- VoicemailAccounts: VMPro Installation Dir/VM/Accounts.
If there is an error during the installation of Voicemail Pro, then the three directories will not be available.
- Ensure that the Voicemail Server is in the same subnet where the Tomcat server is installed.
Include the computer name of the system where the Voicemail pro server is installed at the No Proxy
- Settings/Exception list of the browser in order to listen to the Voicemail or Greeting on the browser.
For the server PC:
- IP Address.
- User Account: A user account with full administrator rights. This account should be used for the software installation.
- Computer Name: This name will become part of the URL users use to access one-X Portal for IP Office.
For each IP Office system:
- IP Address.
- Name and password for security settings access.
- Name and password for configuration settings access.
- one-X Portal for IP Office Licenses.
- Users who will be using one-X Portal for IP Office including IP Office user name and password.
- The IP address of the Voicemail Pro voicemail server being used by the IP Office.