SIP responses are the codes used by Session Initiation Protocol for communication with our hosted PBX and SIP Trunks. Here is a list of the most commonly known SIP responses:
1xx = Informational SIP Responses
- 100 Trying – Extended search is being perform so a forking proxy must send a 100 Trying response.
- 180 Ringing – The Destination User Agent has received the INVITE message and is alerting the user of call.
- 181 Call Is Being Forwarded – Optional, send by Server to indicate a call is being forwarded.
- 182 Queued – Destination was temporarily unavailable, the server has queued the call until destination is available.
- 183 Session Progress – This response may be used to send extra information for a call which is still being set up.
- 199 Early Dialog Terminated – Send by the User Agent Server to indicate that an early dialog has been terminated.