How to Setup an Avaya IP Phone 5610
The video demonstrates How to Setup an Avaya IP Phone – 5610 .
Step by Step Guide
When configuring your IP Office for use with an IP Phone, there are a few prerequisites that should be checked:
1. Select the System section on the left, then click on either the LAN1 or LAN2 tab depending on which port the IP Phone is configured to connect.
2. Select the VOIP tab and ensure the H.323 Gatekeeper option is enabled. This will configure the phone system to allow IP Phones to register.
3. Connect to your phone system using the System Status application. Click the Resources section on the left and ensure there are sufficient VCM channels on your system.
4. Ensure there are sufficient Avaya IP endpoint licenses by clicking on the + icon beside Resources and selecting Licenses. The total number of licenses available and in use will be shown.
To configure the IP Office for a new IP Phone:
1. Select the User section on the left.
2. Click on the Create a New Record icon at the top-right and select User.
3. Enter any relevant information for this user, such as name and extension number.
4. Make sure that this user has a login code set by clicking on the Telephony -> Supervisor Settings tab. This login code will be needed to log in the extension on the IP Phone.
Once the user is added, the Manager program will ask if you would like to create an extension for this user.
5. Select the H.323 extension type and click OK. This will add a new H.323 or IP extension for this user.