How to Tell If You Have Digital Set Ports Available On Your IP Office System
The video demonstrates how to Tell If You Have Digital Set Ports Available On Your IP Office System
Step by Step Guide
One common question from clients is: A technician has been on sight and tells them they don’t have any more ports to add more phones. To tell if you have more ports available:
1. The sample card shown on the video is an Avaya Digital Station 8 Card, supporting 8 digital sets.
2. There are 12 ports. 8 are digital ports, and 4 are inactive.
3. Add a trunk card to have the 8 digital ports, and the 4 previously active ports available for analog trunk lines.
4. Adding a combo card instead of a trunk card would have 6 ports for digital, 2 ports for analog, and 4 ports for analog trunks.
5. When you have cables connected, there are indicator lights on the top. One is a link light. You can tell if you don’t have a set plugged in at the other end, because although you may have a cable plugged, unless you have the link light turned on, there’s nothing connected to it at the other end.
6. When we assemble your IP Office, labels are attached on the bottom corners so you can identify without taking it apart what modules are assembled in that bay. This may include the digital station ports, the analog ports, and the analog trunks.