Incoming Call Routes: How to terminate a DID (Direct Inward Dial) number, or line, using Incoming Call Routes
Description: This video describes how to target a line or phone number to a specific place.
Step by Step Guide
One commonly requested feature is DID or Directly Inward Dial. A DID is a phone number you receive from your phone company. To program a DID, first open IP Office by:
Click on start ->All Programs -> IP Office -> Manager.
When manager open, it’ll display a list of all available IP Offices on the network, choose the IP Office that you want to make a change to, the login username is “Administrator” and the password is “Administrator”. Once you are in the configuration, follow the steps below:
1. DID comes in on specific line group. Click on “Incoming call Route”. You can view existing line groups that existing DIDs coming in on under “Incoming Call Route” pane.
2. To create a new line, right click in “Incoming Call Route” pane, click “New”
3. Assign a line group ID
4. In the “Incoming Number” box, enter the number you receive from your telephone company.
5. Click the “Destinations” tab, choose the destination user for the new line.
6. Click “Ok” to confirm the changes.
7. If you want to set different destination during different time of the day, click on “TimeProfile”,
8. Add or Remove Time profiles as required.
9. Click the Save Icon, in the pop up save configuration box, select “Merge”. Fill in “Service User Name” box and “Service User Password” box as “Administrator”. Click on “Ok”.
You have now terminated a new number to the assigned extension or user.