How to program a twinning button, and customize the mobility options in Avaya IP Office
Set up twinning for a user, and look at the most common twinning options.
Step by Step Guide
A commonly requested feature in Avaya IP Office is twinning. Couple of notes about Twinning: Twinning requires IP lines or PRI lines to function properly – Ringing at your desk phone and your mobile phone at the same time, and allowing you to passing calls back and forth. As of IP Office version 8.0, twinning is free and available for all users on the system. To configure twinning, first open Avaya IP Office by:
Click on start ->All Programs -> IP Office -> Manager.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR NORTEL PHONES?
When manager open, it’ll display a list of all available IP Offices on the network, choose the IP Office that you want to make a change to, the login username is “Administrator” and the password is “Administrator”. Once you are in the configuration, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “User” .
2. Click on the name of the user you want to program.
3. Click on the “Mobility” tab.
4. Under “Mobility” select “Mobility Features” checkbox, within “Mobility Features” section, you have a number of options:
- Select “Twin when logged out” to enable user to receive twin phone calls when their phone is not logged in.
- Select “Hung group calls eligible for mobile twinning” to allow calls that are normal hunt group calls to be sent through.
- “Forwarded calls eligible for mobile twinning” which sent calls that were forwarded to your phone through to your mobile phone.
- “One-X Mobile client” allow you to use the application if you have the licence for it.
- “Mobile Call Control” is the feature that allow you to press ** ( * button twice) to perform various short codes including transfer from your cell phone when you got a phone call on the go.
- Consider the “Mobile Dial Display” to be the amount of time the system wait before sending the call out to your cell phone. A lot of people choose “0” because it takes several seconds to signal the cell phone network in the first place.
5. Check the “Mobile Twinning” checkbox to turn on twinning for the user if you know his cell phone number. Leave it un-selected to allow the user to press twinning himself.
6. Click “Ok” to confirm the changes above.
7. Click on “Button Programming” tab.
8. To assign twinning function to a button, double click on an available button
9. Click on the button options labeled as “Action”.
10. Go to “Emulation”
11. At the bottom of “Emulation” click on “Twinning”.
12. Name the button “Twinning” in the label field.Now the user has the ability to turn on and off twinning, and set his mobile twinning phone number just by pressing the assigned button.
13. Click “Ok” to confirm the changes.
14. Click the Save Icon, in the pop up save configuration box, select “Merge”. Fill in “Service User Name” box and “Service User Password” box as “Administrator”. Click on “Ok”.
You have now setup twinning for this user. You can go to the user’s phone, press the “twinning” button. The system will prompt you to enter a cell phone number if you leave the “mobile twinning” checkbox unselected previously. Once entered the number with a prefix dial number for example “9” to dial an outside line, Once the number is provided, twinning will be automatically turn on.
If you need help program a twinning button, and customize the mobility options in Avaya IP Office, fill the form above.